Monday, April 20, 2009

This is Monday and Mondays certainly mean different things to different people. Some love Mondays as it gets them back into a routine in life that they appreciate and enjoy - but it seems that the prevailing view is the Mondays are unwelcomed, at least to some degree. Mondays indicate the start of a new work week or a new week of school or a new week of the same old - same old. Some know, to a degree, what is coming and have certian expectations, others do not know what to anticipate.

What I have found is that every Monday for me is different. Since I do not have a crystal ball, I do not give a tremendous thought to what "might" be. But I do recognize that every Monday begins a week in which my Heavenly Father has a number of things in store for me that are designed to remind me of His grace, His mercy, and His love as He seeks to work in and through me to accomplish His will for my life.

It is comforting to know that "my times are in His hands" (Psalm 31:15) and that "His compassions are new every morning, Great is His faithfulness" (Lamentations 3:22-23). I know that what ever is in store, there are opportunities to see that "I am not sufficient of myself to think anything as of myself and that His grace is sufficient" (2 Cor 3:5-6, 12:9-10). I know that "all things are working together for good" and therefore can "rejoice evermore" (1 Thessalonians 5:6). This forms a backdrop for me to "strive according to His working" (Colossians 1:28-29), knowing that the believer's "labor is not in vain in the Lord" (1 Corinthians 15:58).

Dear believer in Christ, My you be resting in His all sufficient grace as you labor in love for Him this week.

2 comments:

  1. Well. I'm thinking when you have a "9 to 5" job, the wave of what you describe can set in as early as Sunday evening. Followed by the trap of "can't wait until Friday". Certainly narrows ones scope and limits our potential I'm afraid. You have inspired me to embrace my days with anticipation of all that the Lord has in store for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that you have started these blogs, Pastor. It'll be so nice to be able to see what's going on at IBC and you!

    ReplyDelete